As we celebrate the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development, let´s not forget that one in five persons in Latin America feels discriminated against.
To answer this question, the IDB convened journalists, analysts and researchers. This week summaries of five selected responses will be posted in the IDB’s Gender and Diversity blog (only in Spanish) and can be downloaded on the site:
- a women´s organization in the Peruvian Andes
- legislation on sexual and gender identity in Ecuador
- labor markets and the LGBT community in the Colombian Caribbean
- labor market access for Afro-Descendants in Perú and
- homophobic bullying in Colombian schools.
[vsw id=”95143661″ source=”vimeo” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
We have made significant strides, but a lot of work needs to be done