Now that most of the northern hemisphere is on vacation, most are watching the Olympic Games, and the World Bank Impact blog is in hiatus, I thought we should take a break too.
But before we do that, it is good to know that taking a break can be good.
These are just five reasons (Hint: happiness and productivity are two of them)
- Vacations do make some happier, even if you are one of the happiest people in the world. But beware that this is short lived.
- Also, it seems that taking a vacation or a break makes you more productive and alert
- Having said that, if you feel you need a break, it helps if you are Finnish, but not American, Canadian or British.
- And as you take that well deserved nap on the beach, remember that sleeping is also good for productivity.
- And last, but not least. Close the browser. Get out. The internet is bad for your health