Course on “Open Government Strategies, Ed.1”
In partnership with CEPAL, CLAD, OAS and the OGP, the IDB has organized two courses on Open Government: a Virtual Course on “Open Government Strategies, Ed.1” to be given at the OAS’s Virtual Campus, between November 10-21, and an International Course on “Strategies for Open Government at the Americas” offered in a blended mode (integrating online with face-to-face instruction) between December 1-5, 2014, at the CEPAL office in Santiago, Chile. The purpose of both these initiatives is the strengthening of public sector management in the formulation and implementation of Open Government strategies, as well as greater transparency and collaboration in the governance process and greater citizen participation in public affairs.
MOOC – Management for Development Results
September 30th was the starting date of the course called Introduction to Management for Development Results through the edX (MOOC) platform, which combines a learning experience and a knowledge management process conducted entirely online.
The course’s objective is to provide an overview of the theoretical-conceptual framework underlying the concept of management for development results (GrPD) in subnational governments (municipalities, departments, states and provinces) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and to discuss the influence of GrPD on the impact and effectiveness of public policies. The course is addressed to citizens and public officials and promotes active participation and institutional strengthening.
8,542 participants registered for the course, 90% of whom were from Latin America and the Caribbean, with the remaining 10% from Europe, Canada and the United States. 49% of the participants work in the public sector, 19% are academics or students and 12% work in the private sector.
Future courses will go deeper into the various components (pillars) of results-based management.